Heritage Day is the national holiday for South Africans to celebrate their heritage and for all the foreigners to join them in this celebration. Many South Africans take (or the lucky ones get) the Friday off as well and make it an awesome 4 day weekend. Some fly to visit their family, others stay home. We, at GrabaFlight, will most likely all end up together having a big braai.
So what else can you do during this long weekend? Whats happening in the big cities that’s worth a visit, or even taking a plane.
- DHL Stormers vs. Steval Pumas Grab a ticket for the Stormers game happening at the Newlands stadium on the 26th of September.
- Ajax Cape Town vs. the Kaizer Chiefs All about soccer? Check out this top fixture, make sure you get your tickets quick before they sell out.
- Franschhoek Uncorked Enjoy some wine tasting? You’ll get all your favorite SA wines right here at the Franschhoek Uncorked festival.
- Shimmy Beach Club’s Heritage Day Market! In the CBD? Hungry? Check out the Shimmy Beach Club market on Heritage Day. All the local flavors and bites!
- Boschendal Heritage Day Farm Feast Drive over to Boschendal Farm for a delicious day of food, wine and live music.
- Heritage Day Concert by Philharmonic Orchestra Into classic music? Check out the special Heritage Day concert by the KZN Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Durban Street Food Festival Yum! We sure love street food here, and we get plenty of it in CPT. However if you are in Durbs, check out this great festival.
- Shongweni Farmers and Craft Market Another one for the tummy, and the eyes. Get good food and a good bargain at the Farmers & Craft market.
- The Garden Show Check out the all new Garden Show with Tanya Visser as the host. Not to miss for the garden lovers.
- White Mountain Festival Not so much a classic music fan but more into folk? Then you must head over to the White Mountain Festival during the long weekend.
- Joy of Jazz 2015 If jazz is your thing, then you definitely don’t want to miss out on a spectacular event that will be taking place at the African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel!
- Pharrell Williams Concert One of the hottest acts globally is hitting Joburg on the 24th of September, on Heritage Day! Make sure you get your tickets fast.
- Taste of Joburg Taste of Joburg is back from Thursdays the 24th to Sunday 27th September at Montecasino. Chefs from a few of Joburg’s top restaurants will be creating an array of spectacular dishes, including their signature dishes.
- Sexpo 2015 Are you a little naughty? Sexpo is back to tease your sexual appetite with the kinkiest and filthiest exhibition of sex on the continent.
- Jomo Cosmos vs. Mamelodi Sundowns Check out this great National First Division fixture happening at Olen Park.
The National Braai Day Anthem